knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

miscellaneous ramblings



In the news today:
Jack, a 15-pound orange-and-white cat, cat sits under a treed black bear in a backyard in West Milford, N.J., Sunday, June 4, 2006. When the bear climbed down, the cat chased it up another nearby tree. Neighbor Suzanne Giovanetti thought Jack was simply looking up at the bear, but soon realized the much larger animal was afraid of the hissing cat. The cat's owners called it away and the bear ran off.
Now that's the kind of cat you need out camping!

In other scattered thoughts today I have found a new thing to spoil myself with. A PEDICURE. I had my first one this past weekend and it is so much better than doing your own..you get a massage on top of it all. I just finished the Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child book The Book of the Dead and it was good. The others in this set were better but still good. I won't go into any details so that it's not spoiled for others. I started Ahab's Wife and we'll see how it goes. It's very well written but it lacks in excitement. I have taken a pass for now on the Outlander series (not my cup of tea). School has started back up but I am sure I can handle it. I just keep telling myself it is almost over.

I finally finshed a project. I have so many gogin it seemed like I would never actually complete one! It was a cardigan for my niece (Kiera) and I can't wait to post the picture. Laura at the LYS put it on display in the store so I will pick it today and post pictures tomorrow. The details of the sweater to follow in that post.

2 Comments:

  • At 13/6/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    Pedicures are the best. If I could afford it, I'd have one once a week!

     
  • At 13/6/06, Blogger Nic said…

    You know the weirdest thing was when I moved from CA to NV mani/pedi prices doubled!! (from $20 to $40)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home