knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Great Read


Some news from the knitting and reading front. My first pair of socks are almost complete but I have had to take a break due to a brusied finger. Can you believe it I actaully brusied my finger knitting socks, obsessive or what? My Jo Sharp Vest is beig finshed by the LYS owner, she's doing the ribbed arm holes and neck for me. In the meantime I had to stay with a critical patient at an animal hospital where I work on the weekends last night (feeling pretty tired the morning) and the LYS owner gave me a wonderful book to read. Bean Tress (Barbara Kingsolver). I had started Pigs in Heaven (same author) but left it at work, since this was a sudden thing on schedule for the night she lent me this book to read and I am loving it. The book is funny, sad and all together great. I highly recommended it to everyone. Of course us knitters can't hold a book and knit at the same time so you may want to try and track it down on audio.

1 Comments:

  • At 17/3/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    That was really sweet of her. I just ordered some books on the net and hope to take a short break from knitting to do a little reading.
    I believe you about the bruising, I did that with my first pair of socks also.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home