knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

travel companion


You're wondering why a bug picture and not knitting...well I must share this story that if you can picture the scene should be rather funny. Coming home from work yesterday I was listening to my audio book and I felt my back itching and after a while a poking and something hard when I scratched my back. I realized it was a BUG and figured it was a bee. In a full blown panic I pull over jump out of the car and now realize that it gone down the back of pants. What to do now I contemplate, should I pull my pants down, and this road is very busy mind you or take my pants off in the car. I summon the courage to pull the offender out of my pants and it lands on my seat. Of course now looking at it I am certain it is a SPIDER and I'm DYING of course. I call Zach as I race to my dad's hospital for him to look at it and my back, which I am sure is covered with bites and turning necrotic. Zach has no sympathy, telling me it's proabably not a spider and I need to calm down. Of course I know this but that's not what I want him to say, husbands never know how we want things handled. I get to my dad's and he looks at the bug and we discover that it is some kind of beetle, my back is not covered in bites. When Zach looked at the offender in the formalin jar he says with exasperation , "you freaked out over this!". Well you would too if it landed in your pants, in the car, while you where driving! Further discovery has led me to concluded that this is likely a beetle very simliar to that in the picture, a snout nose beetle, aka, weevil, and it was that snout that I felt poking me. This is what I get for having those roses in my car I am sure, country girl who apprecites the finer points of nature I am not!

3 Comments:

  • At 4/5/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny, I can picture it, sad to say that it is not just your husband that doesn't know what you need or want to hear in any situation. I think it is all men!! Just remember it is nice to have someone to share life with.

     
  • At 4/5/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    That's just gross. I would have freaked out too.

     
  • At 4/5/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    yuck yuck yuck!! hard crunchy beetle! The question is did you kill it in the end??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home