knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Scruffy Angel


This is Angel and she shared 11 years with Zach and I. I had have her put to sleep this morning and it's been a very rough day. She had been chronically ill for close to 7 years now with sinus issues and she had a severe heart mumur. She never groomed herself and would be close to having a stroke when I groomed her. So many of my cats are getting old and leaving one by one that it's hard to let go so I held off longer than I should have. She looks so cute and scruffy in this picture. Although she looks like she is winking she is actually getting ready to sneeze, which she did all the time and I really don't think she was happy. Sorry to have only sad news today but it's to difficult to be cheerful.

1 Comments:

  • At 17/4/06, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said…

    Amy,

    I'm so sorry about Angel. I think that only pet owners can truly understand how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to their pets. They become part of the family. It does sound like you did the right thing though considering that she has been ill for so long. At least now she is at peace and no longer in pain. My thoughts are with you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home