knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Next in line


So this is the sweater I will be making for Zach's boss. It's from Sally Melville's Purl Stitch. The boss said sky's the limit (he is picking up the yran tab, as far as yarn is concerned so I went with the Rowan Harris Tweed (at 16 a ball quite pricey) and it will be a XXL sweater. It's gonna take forever but what a treat to work with such great yarn and I think the sweater looks great in this ribbed pattern. I will be keeping you all posted on the progress and complaining. My goal this weekend is to get gauge (yuk!). On another note the other sock on circular is almost done so I can start my Trekking yarn sock. All other projects will likely be on hold until the sweater is done.

I finished Snow Falling on Cedars and what a well written book. Can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading it. I've got Pigs in Heaven loaded on the mp3 and ready to go, after that will likely be the first of the Outlander series. In case you all haven't noticed I have decided to blend my other passion, reading, into this blog. I think I am fancing myself a book reviewer of sorts. So let me know if you have any reading suggestions.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/4/06, Blogger Theresa said…

    I loved Pigs in Heaven and all of Barbara Kingsolver's books. I just finished a book called The Tall Pine Polka by Lorna Landvik. It is an easy read, and I laughed out loud several times.

    Have fun with sweater. It is a gorgeous pattern.

     
  • At 7/4/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    I haven't had any really educational reads lately. Finished the Shop on Blossom Street and started A Good Yarn this week. Love them both.

     
  • At 8/4/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    ohhh lucky you! Pick any yarn you want and knit with it. FABULOUS!
    I'm reading Teacher Man right now by Frank McCourt. If you've read angela's ashes then def. pick this one up! Great read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home