knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Knitter's Review and my LYS


This great review was given in the most recent edition of Knitter’s Review and it’s my LYS.

On the Road: Yarn Shops in the Baltimore Region
by Amie Gavin Glasgow

Ewenique Yarns130 N. Bond St., Suite 103Bel Air, MD 21014
tel. 410-399-9929
eweniqueyarns.com

Heading North of Baltimore to Bel-Air, Maryland, we have Ewenique Yarns. The pretty, sunny shop is tucked into a small strip mall, so if you're not careful you might miss it. You won't want to do that, though.
In addition to being well stocked in Rowan and Brown Sheep yarns, as well as many other favorites, the shop is decorated with dozens of toy sheep that were given by loyal customers to express their appreciation. The staff earns this appreciation, giving all first-time customers a gift of a retractable tape measure decorated with their logo, as well as an emery board to smooth any yarn-snagging nails.
On one visit, I witnessed a man coming in with a shopping list from his wife. The sales associate helped find several yarns that fit the list requirements, and patiently explained their return policy should anything be not quite right. Later, in my own purchase, I discovered that one of the buttons I'd chosen was scratched. Without hesitation it was given to me at a marked discount. It seems Ewenique Yarns features unique service as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 27/4/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    Too bad I'm all the way down here in Louisiana...that shop sounds great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home