knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

lovely lace


I know I go on about the new projects on the horizon but I am getting the yarn for this tonight at the needle exchange (that's my LYS version of a stitch-n-bitch). This pattern is from the spring issue of interweave and I'm going to do it in Rowan kidsilk haze. Hopefully I am not committing knitting suicude by dodin this lace pattern but I keep wanting challenging projects. The husband's boss sweater is moving pretty good and so is every thing else. Boating season has started so i don't expect to see much of my husband for the next couple of months. I guess that's good, plenty of uninterrupted knitting time.

I took a fixing mistakes class at the LYS last night and it was great. The instructor was great, she is also an editor for interweave :) aren't I lucky,. The class was such a confidence booster. If you all have one around you I highy recommend the class.

Dazzle has been diagnosied with colitis, aka irritable bowel disease. Recommendations are steroids or immune suppressant drugs but we are going to try the diet treatment first.

Lucky me I get to spend all day Tuesday at nursery school. Now I have no children so this will be a real challenge. I'm only good for about a couple of hours around kids, these are 3 and 4 year olds, and this will be all day of observations for a paper for grad school. I think I'll need a stiff drink when it's all over. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 21/4/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    heheh oh you'll be fine with 3 and 4 year olds! They are sooo cute, and will be asking you all kinds of questions :)
    Poor Dazzle, I hope the diet works and you don't have to do the steriod route.
    I soooo want to get into knitting lace as well. I do have butterfly from Rowan and the kidsilk haze to do it, but am waiting for PS blue month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home