knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

crazy knitting

My 2 socks on circulars is going pretty good. The yarn is very soft and the colorway is fun to work with. The striping is coming out different than I thought but it still looks very cute, I think my niece will love them. The only problem with this technique is the manuvering the yarn. I'm glad I am using 2 separate balls, at least this way the twisting is easire to untangle.

This project is not going as planned. I'm using pastaza and it will be felted but I am beginning to think I chose poorly in the yarn catergory. This should be a tote size bag and it's not! A friend of mine is also making one and she felted hers already. Let's just say it makes a great family market bag (yeah it's that big!) The yarn is not going far either. In fact so I don't have to buy anymore skiens I am going to repeat colors before they come up in the pattern. The bag is already above budget so I must find a way to keep it under control. I'm thinking that when I'm done I'm going to use leather straps/handles instead of felted ones. And this will probably become my new library bag.
Does anyone know where to get Peaches and Cream yarn or a substitute? I want to make some of the dishcloths in Mason Dixon Knitting.

Dazzle update!!!!!!!!!! For those interested she is eating and doing other functions just like a normal dog. Keep your fingers crossed!

5 Comments:

  • At 18/7/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think you can get peaches and cream at the big craft stores....

     
  • At 18/7/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    too funny, my word verification for my last comment was c-y-i-ho
    hehehehe

     
  • At 18/7/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    I got some at Michaels when i went to boston. Its also at joann.

    Yay for Dazzle!!!

     
  • At 19/7/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    " Does anyone know where to get Peaches and Cream yarn or a substitute? I want to make some of the dishcloths in Mason Dixon Knitting."

    SP8 to the rescuuuuuuuue! Sugar & Cream is an excellent substitute, and boy do I have a lot of that just sitting here!

     
  • At 20/7/06, Blogger Larjmarj said…

    That bag is going to be SWEET when it's finished. Can't wait to see it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home