knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

macro shot


I've been playing with my camera, trying to get nice shots like everyone else has and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I tried using the macro setting but it was blurry. Ah Ha, you must hold the camera very still and my hands were to shaky. I propped up the camera and tried it. In the last post I tried it with the yarn and then with a live animal. Jackson is the perfect model, he loves to have his picture taken. I love the way everything else in the shot is slightly out of focus and he isn't. I snapped the picture just as he looked away so no glowing eyes either. A while back I submitted his picture for the ASPCA calendar contest.. I think this one would have been much better

4 Comments:

  • At 2/8/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    He looks so cute!! :)

     
  • At 2/8/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    Hello Jackson! *gives head a rub*

     
  • At 2/8/06, Blogger Chris said…

    Hi, Jackson!

    I got a mini-tripod to use for macro shots or for "no flash" shots (to reduce kitty eye glow). And I always shoots in sports mode, which helps reduce blurriness even more.

     
  • At 3/8/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, cameras with macros are sooo great! I really love that pic you did of your little furry one, he looks like a perfect model on it! So cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home