knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend News



This is the Jo Sharp Fair Isle vest I was working on so long ago. The yarn was the Cascade Sierra and it knitted like a dream. The stitch work came out great and the LYS owner finshed the ribbing on the arm holes for me. I decided not to put any ribbing on the neck because the way it rolls looks so good and the ribbing would make that space so small. I wore it last night to the Texas Roadhouse where we had dinner. I am almost finshed with my sock class and my first pair of sock. I've actually started my next pair but these are on 2 circulars (Addi turbos, which are my all-time favorites but so expensive) and I like that so much better than the double points. These new socks will be for my husband since this is the first thing he has asked me to knit for him. I also picked up more yarns since I had money to treat myself this weekend. I got some silky wool to make a beautiful shell for this summer and another ball of Manos for my afghan.

2 Comments:

  • At 20/3/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    That vest is beautiful! Well done!

     
  • At 20/3/06, Blogger sgeddes said…

    Great job on the vest. I wish I had the patience for something liek that. I agree with you on the addis - great needles but they do get a little pricey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home