knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

energy

Just as I am feeling drained of energy trying to push out 2 HUGE papers by the end of the week...tada I get the energy bill. This is the first with the new degregulation crap from BGE. For those of you that have gone through this and those going through it need I say more..YES. Can you believe that my bill seems to practicaly double and that is with Maryland stepping in at the last minute and adjusting the rate hike from originally 72% down to 15%. It works out to save me about $70, this new difference. However, when a family of 2 has to pay over 200 a month in energy cost something seems very wrong. Guess I'm going to have to get the light up knitting needles so I can turn out the lights!

3 Comments:

  • At 15/8/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    Wow! I haven't gotten this month's bill, but the dread has already set in.

     
  • At 16/8/06, Blogger Nic said…

    We pay over $300 because in Vegas for our bulldog we have to keep the house at 66 degrees. I cant wait until winter.

     
  • At 19/8/06, Blogger Chris said…

    Yikes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home