knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

rescue story


I posted this picture on the KCCL blog and when I saw the pictures on Chris's (excuse me Chaos's blog), his relatives found an odd spot to sit in, I was reminded of a tough day for the Libbster.

Early one morning I heard this sweet meow but could not find the cat behind it. As I was tracking the cry I realized one of the cats were missing. Where was Libby? I swore to Zach that the meow was coming from the floor. He obviously thought I had finally lost it, a crazy cat lady now! Well I lift the vent and see a white paw. It was Libby. She had climbed into the vent in the front of the house, gone across the floor to the back and was stuck. How to get her out. The landlord had me put food in the air unit out back, where she could get too, the Critter Gettr' couldn't help, and neither could Animal Control. That left the fire department. After a few chuckles on their end they have me wait 12 hours just in case she get out on her own, then they arrive. Sirens and lights the whole works. The neighbors have come running and the job begins. They use the big saw to cut the floor, have I mentioned that the floor was concrete. After an hour and a HUGE hole in the floor Libby was tempted by my hand bearing chicken of course and she came out. Her coat was kind of gray but she was unharmed. All of our vents are now screwed to the floor. And you can see she has not lost her desire to be in dangerous places!

No kitty was harmed in this photograph

4 Comments:

  • At 29/8/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    awww bless her! She must have been terrified when they were cutting the floor!
    I'm glad Sockies is more of a I'll just lie here with my feet in the air kinda cat lol

     
  • At 29/8/06, Blogger KnitPastis said…

    Oh my goodness, Libby is sure adventurous. She is a cutie. Thank you for commenting on my blog.

     
  • At 29/8/06, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    I would have been soooo frantic if that was my Tinker Belle! Glad she got out safely!

     
  • At 1/9/06, Blogger Chris said…

    Whew! I am so glad that she was ok. Those kitties, always so curious...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home