knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

free at last

I have submitted my last paper for this quarter. What a strain, I really need to learn not to put these off until the last minute. Maybe I will actually sleep tonight. Such a stressful weekend had a great hightlight..thanks so much Kelly I really needed it. Noon on Saturday the doorbell rang..mailman to the rescue with an airmail package from Canada. Several weeks ago Kelly and I set up a swap and the package from her arrived!


super soft dishcloth yarn that matches my kitchen perfectly!

How cute are these cats!!! They are made by artisians in third world countries and distributed at a local shop near Kelly and the money is sent back to the artisians. I love these kind of co-op organiztions
I have saved the best for last. Imagine petting the softest thing you can..that might come close to how soft this yarn is. Handpainted angora from fleece artist. The colors are beautiful, I think a pair of booties might be perfect for this yarn..for now as I told Kelly I think I'll cuddle with it.

5 Comments:

  • At 21/8/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    Great package! I have 3 packages I need to get packed up. Grrr...

     
  • At 21/8/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    I'm still drooling of that yarn lol I must look next time I'm in to see if they have any more.

     
  • At 22/8/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good for you!
    enjoy the new yarn!

     
  • At 23/8/06, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    Hi. I stopped in from Kelly's blog. Wow, your package was great and that angora looks so soft! I've never knit with it myself. Love the cats as well (I heart cats). Feel free to stop by my blog, Kitten Yarns & Crafts.

     
  • At 28/8/06, Blogger Chris said…

    Kelly does great swaps! Very very cool stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home