knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Monday, December 11, 2006

coffee anyone

Finally a knitting project captured on camera. I have lots of FOs to post too but first thing is first. Thank you so much Kelly, the package arrived and they are perfect, sucha cute bag too. Check out Celtic Cast On Design for some wonderful hand made stitch markers. I can't show them now becasue they are a Christmas gift but she did a fantastic job.

This wonderful project is my new found joy. I love the shawl, probabaly was sold on the entire outfit since I have that same shirt and blue jeans of course. The pattern is from Blue Sky Alpaca, also featured in an ad in last Interweave Knits. The yarn I am using is Inca Alpaca from Classic Elite and seriously folks it's like butter. So smooth and soft, I have found a new fav yarn!



Jackons, handsome boy that he is, is gaurding one of the items that arrived today from my coffee swap partner. It's some lopi lite that is just dying to be knitted into a felted bowl, if Jackson will let me, he seems to have a fondness for licking lopi. Wool is too dangerous to the kitties for him to enjoy it though.
Here are the rest of the goodies in the package. Christmas blend Starbucks, coffee candy, dark choloate, notepad, a cute as can be kitty print jar opener, a wonderful dishcloth that actually has a cup of coffee knitted as a design. I'm not sure if she whipped this up but it is great and matches my kitchen! A big coffee mug, perfect for weekends and some coffee from a local coffee shop up her way, smells wonderful and bold, can't wait to brew the first pot.

This swap was so much fun I can't wait for it again. I'm also going to try and get into the next tea swap.

5 Comments:

  • At 12/12/06, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    awww Jackson you are gorgeous!!!
    I had lots of fun in the tea swap, hopefully you can get in on the action next time. The coffee goodies look grrreat!

     
  • At 14/12/06, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    Lots of great stuff from you swap partner!

     
  • At 15/12/06, Blogger Larjmarj said…

    Love the shawl! Jackson looks like he is showing off HIS yarn!

     
  • At 29/12/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amy,love the rectangle shaw from blue sky but can't find it. Where can I buy it?

     
  • At 29/12/06, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Rectangle Shaw, where can I buy the pattern?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home