knit-n-meow

Knitting animal lover, a place where I can talk about my endless number of knitting projects and go on and on about my cats, 2 dogs too!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

crazy cables

Friday knit-along is starting again at my LYS and this time it's a cable challenge. Not that the cable should be challenging, it is a knit along, but it's a chance for us to challange ourselves to do something different. I had to be a difficult person and plead for a cardigan because I don't usually wear pullovers (the knit along pattern). So I chose the one below. Well it's a challenge. The pattern is not written correctly so Maggie, Laura, and, I have worked to adjust the pattern so I can make it. My first creation!!!!!!!!!!!. sort of. The yarn is Classic Al, Elsebeth Lavold and it is so wonderful and soft and this cable thing is pretty fun.



Jackson proclaims himself King of the Box and Guard of the Yarn Stash

4 Comments:

  • At 31/8/06, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said…

    The only cable thing I've knit so far is a scarf (working on another one as well - both are the Irish Hiking Scarf). Someday I will graduate to cables on sweaters!

    I thought the cable would be hard to do because it looked like it would be difficult. Boy was I wrong! It's so easy. Mind you this was just a basic cable and not some of the more intricate looking ones.

     
  • At 1/9/06, Blogger Melissa said…

    I haven't tried cables yet. I'm a chicken.
    I need a stash guard like that!

     
  • At 1/9/06, Blogger Chris said…

    Cool that you reworked that pattern! Looks like it'll be a great sweater.

    Excellent guard kitty picture.

     
  • At 4/9/06, Blogger Larjmarj said…

    I have only made the Irish hiking scarf but I loved making cables. So magical. Nice sweater pattern, can't wait to see how it progresses. I love those kitty feet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home