Sunday, May 28, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
2 dozen and 4 years
We've been married for 4 years....and look at what beautiful roses I got...do you notice that the 2 cards below are the same...that's right we both got each other the SAME card...you'd think we'd been married much longer...truth be told we've been together 12 but yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Friday, May 12, 2006
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
promise to mom
I promised my mom I would post this picture. It is my Mardi Gras Poncho that I made for Easter. Check out the fringe, lucky for me Maggie and Laura http://www.eweniqueknitter.blogspot.com/
did all of that work. On top of that I made it much to big and we had to cut it and redo the fringe, thanks girls!!
Hopefully this will give my Aunt inspiration, she has just learned to knit and is starting her first sweater, good luck!
Saturday, May 06, 2006
Friday, May 05, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love the natural fibers, so far there is nothing to list as do not like but I’d say acrylic is my least favorite
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my circulars in a binder type container that is suppose to hold tackle, the pouches are heavy duty Ziploc type bags and for my straights in a roll up pouch
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting for about 6 months but have been working on intermediate techniques and projects lately
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love patchouli, sandalwood, and lavender
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I do like chocolate but I limit myself to special occasions, butterfingers are my favorite7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I try my hand at photography, I love to cook, and I do a little bit of crochet. I tried scrap booking but only for special family albums
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I usually listen to singers and songwriters, some country
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I prefer neutral/warm colors but in the summer I wear my fair share of pinks.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and we only have cats and dogs
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and hats and ponchos
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don’t have any favorites yet since I am still challenging myself, I do always have a pair of socks going though.
13. What are you knitting right now? I am working on a sweater, summer tee, lace scarf, socks, afghan, and entralac bag.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circulars, bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I borrow my mom’s winder, no swift
17. How did you learn to knit? A class at my local yarn store, and still learning new things through their classes
18. How old is your oldest UFO? My Manos afghan, I started it in January but it is a big project.
19. What is your favorite holiday? The Christmas season, not so much the day but the holiday season itself.
20. Is there anything that you collect? Buddha statues, incense burners, books and yarn of course
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I really want the Rowan Classic Beach book and yarn to make the Scallop sweater. I also want to try the bamboo yarn! I have a subscription to Interweave
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Intarsia and new sock techniques for different heels and toes
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes!! Size 6 1/2-7
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 02/04
I is for Iris
Thursday, May 04, 2006
You're wondering why a bug picture and not knitting...well I must share this story that if you can picture the scene should be rather funny. Coming home from work yesterday I was listening to my audio book and I felt my back itching and after a while a poking and something hard when I scratched my back. I realized it was a BUG and figured it was a bee. In a full blown panic I pull over jump out of the car and now realize that it gone down the back of pants. What to do now I contemplate, should I pull my pants down, and this road is very busy mind you or take my pants off in the car. I summon the courage to pull the offender out of my pants and it lands on my seat. Of course now looking at it I am certain it is a SPIDER and I'm DYING of course. I call Zach as I race to my dad's hospital for him to look at it and my back, which I am sure is covered with bites and turning necrotic. Zach has no sympathy, telling me it's proabably not a spider and I need to calm down. Of course I know this but that's not what I want him to say, husbands never know how we want things handled. I get to my dad's and he looks at the bug and we discover that it is some kind of beetle, my back is not covered in bites. When Zach looked at the offender in the formalin jar he says with exasperation , "you freaked out over this!". Well you would too if it landed in your pants, in the car, while you where driving! Further discovery has led me to concluded that this is likely a beetle very simliar to that in the picture, a snout nose beetle, aka, weevil, and it was that snout that I felt poking me. This is what I get for having those roses in my car I am sure, country girl who apprecites the finer points of nature I am not!
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
blog changes and catch up
I dug the holes for my roses and they are currently "heeling" so I can plant them this afternoon. This was suppose to be a simple project but now my husband is involved and we have to make a whole garden complete with landscape stones. In the end it will look nice but it started out with simple roses. Of course I probably won't see any flowers until next year or maybe even after, I will post a pic of the updated garden zone tomorrow though.
Dazzle is doing well for those interetested, she loves her chicken and brown rice and so far no problems with the new meds. Her sister is pouting about the food though. She lays mournfully by the bowl when Dazzle is done and licks the crumbs. Poor thing.